COVID-19 Safety Plan
Updated: April 28, 2021
We take the health and safety of our staff, guests, and community very seriously. This document outlines the measures taken by Wandering Wheels to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and protect our guests and staff. This policy will be updated as needed.
- Bookings are taken via the website - registration form, waiver, and payment are all completed online.
- Any transaction that must happen in person will be handled according to the in-store measures.
- Routine daily symptom screening for all staff. Our core staff have all received first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.
- Employees must wash hands immediately upon arrival at work.
- All participants will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms, i.e. sore throat, fever, sneezing, fatigue, coughing, or gastrointestinal symptoms, i.e. nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and may be refused service. In these cases, a credit for future booking will be issued.
- Guests and staff must follow all posted signage and obey 2m distancing.
- Group sizes for kids camps and skills clinics will be limited to allow for physical distancing, and private “bubble” group bookings are available. Scheduled programs are limited to 8 participants with 2 instructors, and can easily be split into two smaller groups.
- Shuttle services are limited to private groups only and masks are mandatory. They will be provided to passengers if necessary. Shuttle vehicles will be cleaned and disinfected after each group.
- All day tours are limited to private groups only.
- For any clinics involving shuttles, masks are mandatory while in the shuttle vehicle. Helmet, riding glasses, and gloves should also be kept on.
In-store Measures (120 Mackenzie Ave)
- Max capacity is two (2) people or one (1) group at a time. Signage is posted at the entrance to inform people to wait outside if there are already customers in the store.
- Masks must be worn while inside the store.
- Door will be kept open whenever possible to reduce touch points.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all common surfaces, including the desks and countertop, doorknobs, light switches, washroom. Cleaning will be monitored and recorded on a log sheet.
- Debit machine will be disinfected after each transaction.
- All participants of group programs must meet our guides at the trailhead, specific instructions will be given based on each situation.
- Private groups will be given the option to ride in our shuttle vehicle with mandatory masks, or take their own vehicle to the trailhead.
- Maintain a distance of at least 2m at all times.
- Guides will be fully trained on our policies and procedures. They will give a mandatory safety talk at the beginning of all clinics, lessons, and tours to inform participants of relevant policies and procedures.
- Guides and company vehicles will be equipped with alcohol sanitizer, disposable medical masks, and disposable gloves.
- In the event of a first aid incident, a mechanical issue, or other reason that necessitates getting closer than 2m to any participant, guides will wear a mask.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about our COVID-19 safety measures, please contact our office: 1-250-814-7609 or