We take the health and safety of our staff, guests, and community very seriously. This document outlines the measures taken by Wandering Wheels to prevent the spread of covid-19 and protect our guests and staff. This policy will be updated as needed. Current version: May 21, 2020.
- Bookings are taken via the website - registration form, waiver, and payment are all completed online.
- Any transaction that must happen in person will be handled according to the in-store measures.
- Routine daily symptom screening for all staff.
- Employees must wash hands immediately upon arrival at work.
- All participants will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms, i.e. sore throat, fever, sneezing, fatigue, coughing, or gastrointestinal symptoms, i.e. nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and may be refused service. In these cases, a credit for future booking will be issued.
- Guests and staff must follow all posted signage and obey 2m distancing.
- Group sizes for camps and clinics will be limited to allow for physical distancing, and private “bubble” group bookings are encouraged. Scheduled programs are limited to 10 participants with 2 instructors, and can easily be split into two smaller groups.
- Kids camps for ages 5-7 will only be run for private “bubble” groups due to safety concerns. All other age groups will run as scheduled, and can also be booked for private groups on custom dates.
- Shuttle services are limited to private groups only and masks will be provided to all passengers. Shuttle vehicles will be cleaned and disinfected after each group.
- All day tours are limited to private groups only.
- For any clinics involving shuttles, masks will be provided and are mandatory. Helmet, riding glasses, and gloves should also be kept on.
In-store Measures (120 Mackenzie Ave)
- Max capacity is two (2) people or one (1) group at a time. Signage is posted at the entrance to inform people to wait outside if there are already customers in the store.
- Door will be kept open during operating hours to reduce touch points.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all common surfaces, including the desks and countertop, doorknobs, light switches, washroom. Cleaning will be monitored and recorded on a log sheet.
- Debit machine will be disinfected after each transaction.
- All participants must meet our guides at the trailhead, specific instructions will be given based on each situation.
- Maintain a distance of at least 2m at all times.
- Guides will be fully trained on our policies and procedures. They will give a mandatory safety talk at the beginning of all clinics, lessons, and tours to inform participants of relevant policies and procedures.
- Guides and company vehicles will be equipped with alcohol sanitizer, disposable medical masks, and disposable gloves.
- In the event of a first aid incident, a mechanical issue, or other reason that necessitates getting closer than 2m to any participant, guides will wear a mask and gloves.
- If mechanical assistance or bike set-up is necessary, gloves will be worn and disposed of correctly and equipment will be wiped down.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about our COVID-19 safety measures, please contact our office: 1-250-814-7609 or
Our COVID-19 Message
April 7, 2020
We want you to know that we are paying close attention to the COVID-19 situation as it progresses and that the health and safety of our guests, staff, and community is very important us.
At this time we remain optimistic that the situation will have little effect on our upcoming summer season, however, as we all know, the situation is evolving rapidly and we are facing some very uncertain times ahead.
We ask, if you have bookings with us for this summer, that you give some time to let this thing unfold before making any decisions to cancel your trip. If the time comes that you do need to cancel due to health and safety concerns or travel restrictions, you will be eligible for a full refund, however, we ask that you instead choose to accept a credit or change of dates for your current booking.
The bottom line is that we create incredible mountain bike experiences for all of our guests and we want to ensure that you don’t miss out on yours because of Covid-19!
We’ll remain flexible and we’ll work with you to reschedule your trip or tour when the time is right! That way you’ll still get an amazing trip, and we’ll still keep our bookings and have a little more certainty in this uncertain time!
In fact, we ask that you tell your friends about us and encourage them to book trips, tours, or lessons as well! These are trying times for a small business which relies on travel and tourism. Our survival might just depend on it!
Thank you all and be well.