Mountain Bike Instructor/Guide
Deadline to Apply: June 18, 2021
We are looking for positive and energetic mountain bike guides and instructors to join our team this summer!
Wandering Wheels is an industry leading mountain bike guiding and coaching company based in Revelstoke, British Columbia, Canada. We offer guided trips and tours, shuttle services, lessons, kids camps, and skills clinics.
This is a part time seasonal position with casual working hours which may lead to full time, seasonal employment opportunities in the future. Applicants are required to have flexible schedules and the ability to pick up shifts upon short notice.
Certifications required include PMBIA Level 1, 80 Hour Wilderness First Responder, and Class 4 Commercial Drivers License. Further training will be provided.
Job Type: Part Time, Seasonal
Location: Revelstoke BC
Dates: June - September
Wage: $25/hour for guiding/coaching shifts
Wage: $18-20/hour for shuttle driving shifts
- Coaching local youth aged 5-15 in our popular kids mtb camps
- Safely guiding guests through all styles and difficulties of mtb trails
- Instructing mtb lessons in both private and group settings
- Choosing appropriate terrain, effectively managing risk, and promoting a high level of trail riding etiquette
- Shuttle driving/transporting clients to trailheads
- General guest services - everything from telling jokes to repairing bikes
- Valid 80 hour WFR certification - or equivalent (OFA 3, Slipstream 90hr Advanced)
- Professional Mountain Bike Instructor Association (PMBIA) Certification Level 1 - or equivalent
- Valid BC Class 4 Commercial Drivers License
- Detailed knowledge of all Revelstoke and area mtb trails, trail systems, and shuttle access roads
- Must be a strong and capable rider with a passion for mountain biking
- Must possess a strong knowledge of bike maintenance and repairs
- Must possess excellent communication and social skills
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team, as well as unsupervised
Other Assets Include:
- PMBIA Level 2 Certification
- Previous experience working in the mountain bike industry
- Previous experience guiding and instructing mountain bikes
- Previous guiding/instructing experience in other outdoor sports such as skiing/snowboarding
- Experience working with children
- Experience working around helicopters
- Previous practical first-aid and risk management experience
Please send an email with cover letter, resume, and references by no later than Friday, June 18 to Matt Yaki at:
Note: Only selected applicants will be contacted for interviews. Successful candidates will be required to submit a criminal record check.